We have answers
What is FilterEasy?
What is Filter Easy?
Filter Easy is a great company that delivers furnace filters directly to your door. Each delivery
contains the exact number of filters your home needs, in all the right sizes. It also acts as a physical reminder that it’s time to change your filters.
What is the cost for Filter Easy?
Filters cost $10 per month. This amount will be added to your account every month to be paid with your rent. This will be the same price if you have 1 filter or 6 filters for your property.
How often will I receive my filter(s)?
A new filter will be shipped directly to your door every 90 days. This grade of filter is cheaper in price than many competitors.
Do I install the filter myself?
Yes. Once received, you will remove and dispose of your old filter, and replace with the new filter. There will be instructions in your shipment on how to locate and change your filter.
Where is my air filter located?
First, look around your property for a return air grate (usually on a wall or ceiling). If you find one, there will be a place for you to open the grate, and your filter will be inside. If your property does not have a grate on the wall, your air filter will be located in/by your furnace. Look for a 1″-4” wide hinged or removable cover on it and the filter will be inside.
I already buy my own filters, can I opt out of receiving these?
No, the Filter Easy Program is not optional. We appreciate our tenants that have been taking the appropriate steps to take care of their HVAC systems in the past, however, we are confident that the Filter Easy Program will save you time and money while providing you high quality filters.
Why do I need to change my furnace filter?
It is an excellent way to save money on your energy bills. Having a clean filter means it takes less energy to push air through your home. A dirty filter is the #1 reason for HVAC system failures. It restricts the air flow into your HVAC systems air handler, which then strains, and oftentimes burns out the motor controlling air flow. An HVAC repair STARTS at around $600 and an exhaustive repair can easily reach $7,000. A new system, if the damage is irreparable, starts at around $10,000.
I forgot to attach required documents to my application. Where can I send these?
You can send any required documentation not attached to the original application to email@example.com.
How do I apply for a property?
- Fill out an application on our website.
- Go to www.mesaproperties.net/rentals
- Search this page for the property you would like to apply for.
- Click the grey “Apply Now” and submit an application.
- Each occupant over 18 must submit an application and pay the $30 fee. (if you do not have a credit card or have problems paying the fee online, make arrangements by calling our office)
- List ALL dependents under 1 adult applicant.
- Provide proof of income
- Current pay stubs for all applicants used to qualify for the property.
- Provide proof of any other sources of income if needed.
- Each applicant over 18 must submit a current driver’s license or State I.D & Social Security Card. NOTE: We cannot begin processing your application until we have ALL your information.
- Receive a decision on your application.
- All accepted applicants sign a lease agreement.
- Pay the security deposit in full Payable to Mesa Properties Inc.
What documentation do I need when I fill out an application?
Please be sure the following four (4) items accompany your rental application:
- Your application screening fee of $30.00 in the form of cash, cashier’s check or money order for each applicant over the age of 18.
- Picture I.D., (Driver’s license, Green Card or Passport)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Income: Current paystubs or an official letter from your employer on company letterhead.
What are the requirements to rent one of your properties?
- A completed and signed application from all proposed occupants over the age of 18 must be submitted. ALL LINES MUST BE FILLED IN. Incorrect or misinformation will disqualify you as a prospective renter.
- A $40.00 screening fee in cash, cashier’s check or money order for the purpose of running credit and eviction reports is required with each application.
- You must provide photo I.D. – Driver’s license or State Issued ID card) and Social Security card. (Note: Military ID cards are not accepted).
- You must have a credit report that demonstrates a willingness to pay financial obligations in a timely fashion.
- You must have no records of eviction.
- We require favorable responses from references and previous landlords.
- Employment History and Sufficient Income: We require monthly income of 3 times the amount of your monthly rent per household and at least 2 times per applicant. Income must be verifiable through pay stubs, employer contact, or tax records. All other income, including self employment must be verified through tax records.
- Rental History must be verifiable from unbiased sources. If you’re related by blood or marriage to one of the previous landlords listed, or your rental history does not include at least two previous landlords, your application may be declined, or we may require a qualified co-signer on your rental agreement. Qualified co-signers must meet all screening criteria plus make 3 times the amount of rent.
- You will be denied if you have a conviction for any type crime that would be considered a threat to real property or the ability of other residents to peacefully enjoy the premises.
- An up-front payment of approximately 1 month’s rent as a security deposit is required by cashier’s check or money order when signing a rental contract.
- We will accept the first qualified applicant.
- Please note that all of our properties are smoke-free. If you rent a house you must smoke outdoors. If you rent a condo or apartment there is no-smoking on the property.
How do I schedule a showing?
You can schedule a showing on our available rentals page here.
What are the income requirements to rent one of your properties?
We typically require a minimum of 3x the monthly rent in W-2 income.
Do you work with evictions?
Although an eviction does not automatically disqualify you from renting one of our properties, it is typically very difficult to approve an applicant with an eviction on record.
Do you handle Section 8?
No, we have managed Section 8 in the past. Our decision to stop was based on actual experiences where the HACSB has not abided by their own published rules. HACSB is the epitome of a government organization gone bad.