We have answers
Do you charge a management fee when the property is vacant?
What’s the process to sign up?
We need a signed Property Management Agreement and Owner Onboard Packet completed by the owner or their designated agent. We collect $250 of the placement fee up front for the initial tenant placement. Since we only require a 30-day notice to terminate the management contract, we keep the $250 as an early termination fee if you cancel before we place a tenant. This covers our costs associated with setting you up in our system & marketing the property.
The 15th seems a long time to hold payments. Why is that?
Since we allow tenant payments online and some properties have a 5 day grace period, a tenant could make an online payment on the 5th and then it would take 9 days to clear the ACH system. We also reconcile our books and make sure all invoices are correct and paid.
When do owner payments/statements go out?
We send out all statements on the 15th of the month. All ACH payments arrive on the next business day after the 15th of the month.
Do you charge for evictions?
We do not charge for our portion of the eviction process. However, the 3rd party servicer we use does charge for filing court papers and working the case once it is filed with the court.
Do you perform periodic inspections?
Yes, we do an interior safety inspection after 6 months included in the original placement fee. If you want additional inspections, we charge $65.
Do you handle Section 8?
No, we have managed Section 8 in the past. Our decision to stop was based on actual experiences where the HACSB has not abided by their own published rules. HACSB is the epitome of a government organization gone bad.
Do you mark up vendor performed work orders?
No! What the vendor charges is what you pay. We do not apply any types of fees to work orders and you as the owner receive all invoices from the vendor showing itemized charges.
Will I receive copies of all vendor invoices with my my monthly statements?
Who will do repairs on my property?
We work with several good, reliable & reasonable vendors for maintenance on our properties. If you have a preferred vendor, we are happy to work with them too!
Do you charge a marketing, advertising or other hidden fees?
No! All marketing and advertising fees are included in the tenant placement fee.
How do you market the property?
- Youtube video posted on our youtube channel and linked to all ads
- Numerous interior/exterior pictures posted on our website and online
- Customized Craigslist post
- Company website with ongoing SEO performed
- Smartphone optimized website for all available vacancies
- 15-20 real estate websites including: Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads etc.
What is included in the placement fee?
- Pre-listing site inspection
- Video & pictures of the property
- All marketing of the property
- All showings done by Mesa Properties employees
- Complete tenant screenings:
- FICO credit score
- Social Security Number verification
- Eviction check
- Criminal check
- Small claims & existing lien check
- Landlord verification
- Employment & income verification
- Owner review of all screened tenants
- Complete move in inspection with pictures signed by tenants & property manager
- Verification of all applicable utilities in tenant’s name at move in
- Fully executed lease & inspection posted to owner portal
How much is your placement fee for multi-unit properties?
$499 with a 6-month placement guarantee
How much is your multi-family management fee?
$79/month per door with a 5% minimum
Are you licensed to manage property?
Yes, we are a licensed property management company registered with the California DRE.
How can I contact your company if I have questions about my property?
You can call or email us anytime. We commit to return your call within 24 hours or sooner.
What is required to terminate your agreement?
We do not require a long-term contract. We ask for open communication and a chance to make right whatever you feel is not meeting your needs. If we can’t come to an agreement, you can terminate your agreement with 30-days notice in writing.